In today’s hyper-connected world, social media marketing seems to dominate the digital landscape. It might seem easy to forget about traditional marketing techniques when you’re trying to keep up with the popular channels of our online age. However, email marketing still stands strong as one of the most effective marketing techniques out there, and there’s no telling what kind of reach you might be able to achieve for your photo booth rental business.
When it comes to email marketing, you have complete control over your messaging and audience. Things like social media are rife with constant changes in algorithms and other volatile factors. This makes email marketing one of the most cost-effective and powerful digital marketing tools out there. To put it plainly, all photo booth rental business owners should implement email marketing as a part of their business strategy.
Let’s go over the 7 best email marketing strategies for photo booth rental business owners:
- Build an email list that converts
- Schedule your content
- Write awesome subject lines
- Create stunning visual designs that engage your audience
- Create a call-to-action that motivates your audience
- Analyze your campaigns to measure success
- Improve your campaigns with split testing
1. BUILD AN EMAIL LIST THAT CONVERTS
Imagine how amazing it would be if you could have a bunch of new bookings for your photo booth rental business each time you send out a promotional email. It might sound far-fetched, but it’s entirely attainable, and the main reason people invest in email marketing! All you need is to build your list the right way.
TIPS TO BUILD AN EMAIL MARKETING LIST THE RIGHT WAY
To build an email list that converts, you need to choose a robust email marketing platform like MailChimp (if you’re a beginner) or Omnisend (for more advanced options).
- Create an enticing sign-up form on your homepage and other relevant pages of your website.
- Encourage enrollment using pop-ups when a new user lands on your site.
- Integrate your sign-up form with your chosen email marketing platform so all details are automatically loaded into your database.
- Seek out sign-ups at live events and through social media.
- Provide incentives to users to sign up, like a giveaway.
- Always include a CTA (call-to-action) in your email signature.
- Don’t ever add someone to your list without their permission.
- Make sure to include an unsubscribe link at the bottom (for CANSPAM compliance).
- Offer “member” benefits like exclusive offers and deals for anyone who signs up.
- Stay active on social media, blogs, and forums so more people find their way to your sign-up form.
- Promote it on your invoices and quote documents.
- Utilize another photo booth rental business’s email list. (Their target market needs to be the same) You can offer them advertising space on your next newsletter or email in exchange for the same on theirs.
One thing we don’t recommend is purchasing third-party email lists. Aside from potentially false information, if any of the recipients did not opt-in for any correspondence, you’re putting your business at risk of getting blacklisted for spam. When it comes to spam, there are strict guidelines that you need to follow.
2. SCHEDULE YOUR PHOTO BOOTH RENTAL BUSINESS CONTENT
Any major email marketing platform is going to have built-in scheduling capabilities. This allows you or your marketing team to create multiple campaigns ahead of time and then simply schedule them to go out to your audience as you deem appropriate.
To really make the most of your digital marketing strategy, we recommend using this in conjunction with an editorial calendar. You can plan additional campaigns even further out—like the following quarter, six months, or a year. Your editorial calendar allows marketing campaigns to be prepared well in advance for upcoming events, holidays, and seasonal occasions.
When you approach your marketing plan this way, you can rest assured that you’ll never be scrambling at the last minute to get it together. Instead, you’ll have plenty of time to fix any mishaps that might occur and focus on identifying opportunities for your photo booth rental business.
3. WRITE AWESOME SUBJECT LINES
Your subject line is your best chance to grab your audience’s attention. You only have a couple of seconds to convince someone that your email is worth opening. The growth of your photo booth rental business depends on captivating subject lines in your email marketing.
TIPS TO WRITE AWESOME SUBJECT LINES
Write out the subject line you want and then you can edit according to the tips below:
- Keep it short and sweet (5 – 8 words max).
- Use the most important words first to avoid them being cut off on a mobile device.
- Avoid filler words and be specific.
- Use relevant emojis (but not too many) to get your email to stand out in a client’s inbox.
- Use incentives like a giveaway or exciting news to encourage people to open your email. You can allude to something interesting they might want to read about like a celebrity client or anything else of interest.
- Don’t use a generic newsletter email as your sender’s name. You want to humanize this interaction as much as possible. So, make sure your customers feel like they’re talking to someone on the other end. Use someone’s name rather than “newsletter@” or “info@”
4. CREATE STUNNING VISUAL DESIGNS
You need to incorporate interesting visuals in your marketing emails. You can’t expect someone to open a text-only email just for them to become disinterested and not even take the time to find out what you’re offering.
Whether you use specific imagery or just incorporate thoughtful designs, your marketing emails should always be visually appealing. Any quality email marketing platform will have a content builder and even premade templates for you to choose from to make your emails stand out.
You can also use other content creation tools like Canva if you want even more templates and customization options. If you’re using images, make sure you’re using only high-quality photos to show off your photo booth rental business.
5. CREATE A CALL-TO-ACTION THAT MOVES YOUR AUDIENCE
Once you have your audience reading your emails, you need to instruct them on what to do next. That’s where your call to action comes in.
TIPS FOR CREATING GREAT CTA’S
- Encourage action by using verbs like sign up, book now, learn more, get offers, etc.
- Include a linked button that takes the reader to the next step.
- Incorporate contrasting colors to make buttons stand out.
- Create a sense of urgency by including a limit, like “first 5 bookings” or “available for one week only.”
- Always keep it simple and easy to navigate.
6. ANALYZE YOUR CAMPAIGNS TO MEASURE SUCCESS
Regardless of your specific goals, you need to be able to measure the performance of your email campaigns. The email marketing platform you choose will be able to tell you crucial benchmarks like open rates, bounce rates, unsubscribe rates, click-throughs, and conversions. Monitoring these numbers is essential for the success of any photo booth rental business. You’ll be able to make informed decisions and make improvements wherever needed.
7. IMPROVE YOUR CAMPAIGNS WITH SPLIT TESTING
Split testing is when you create more than one version of the same marketing campaign and send it to different segments within your database. This allows you to determine which wording, subject line, CTA, visuals, etc. were more successful in achieving your desired outcome.
If you keep these tips in mind for your own photo booth rental business, you’ll be shocked at the results you get from properly executed email marketing campaigns.